Sunday 12 July 2009

Marco Polo Weekend buffet

It have been a while that I do not meet up with my ex-colleague of BDO until lately. Since we are all big eaters and wanted something worth our money, we decided to go to Marco polo restaurant at Wisma Lim Foo Yong to try out its dim sum buffet.


The price of the buffet is RM 36++



There is variety of food besides from dim sum served in this buffet. Just look at the spread on buffet table.


Sashimi and Japanese corner



Chinese food




Congee


Pastries


Fruit and salad


Ala-carte noodles


And of course dim sum






As this is a buffet, I do not expect that it can satisfy my tongue. But how wrong am I. the food served is tasty and unique. However the dim sum was not up to par. The congee seems to be everyone favourite. As for me, I think the chee chong fun was nice.


Besides that, the buffet serves very unique and weird food such as Rambutan and banana. This is my very first time to encounter a restaurant serving Rambutan in a buffet.


Conclusion, it was a good place to have gathering and catch up with long lost friend. One can spend as long as 3 hours (11am to 2pm) to eat and chat!!! The restaurant environment is cosy and well decorated.


If Marco Polo is to be compared with Noble House, I believe I will choose Marco polo as the food here is tastier, cheaper and fresher (Peng Leng Ceng). However Noble House have better environment, more choices of food and better services.

Rating: 4 stars

No comments: