Monday 12 April 2010

AirAsia Nasi Lemak....

As I am a big fan of AirAsia due to it successful low cost model for Asian market, I personally would like to taste the food sold on board to experience whether the food are so lousy as what I normally heard.

Well, for service wise, I personally think there is pro and cons between both big airline in Malaysia being the MAS and AirAsia. A lot of people are shouting loud on AirAsia for not providing free food on board and it was said that the price charge for the food are extremely expensive. For me, I look on another way, why do we pay few hundred buck extra just for the food and a little bit extra services that they provide while we are complaining paying RM9 for a Nasi Lemak?

I ordered a Nasi Lemak on my way to Bangkok as it was a 2 hours flight which fall on my lunch time. Being squeeze in small seat with no extra space for leg seem to be very uncomfortable, what more if we are to dine there. No choice, for lower price this is what I have to compromise.

The Nasi Lemak look very average to me. Aromatic coconut milk rice serve with sambal and very 'sad' portion of ikan bilis and 3 tiny pieces of chicken rendang. For a price of RM 9, i reckown that it was pricy. We can have better portion with half the price if we are on the land.

But think again? How many time can you eat on the sky? For the price of RM 9 i personally think is reasonable. Imagine the processing time, making sure the food is fully prepared, transporting from kitchen to airplane, cost of air-stewardess to push the trolley and shouting 'Any food, sir?', and so on, RM9 seem reasonable...

Gosh, am I promoting AirAsia? Hope I am not....but what I want to say, you get what you paid for....

No comments: