Friday 7 January 2011

Pun Chun Restaurant, Bidor

Knock knock knock....

Is 2011..............

and to kick start my new year, I went to Cameron Highland with a bunch of crazy colleague....On the journey from KL to Cameron, we stop by at Bidor, for its ever famous Duck noodles.

Among the few famous shop, we decided to settle down at Pun Chun restaurant although they have a branch in Klang Valley nowadays.

Pun Chun is famous for its Duck noodles and Woo Kok (Fried Yam filled with char siew). Most of the patron are local who stop by for a plate of wan tan mee. Since our mission is Duck noodles, we order 4 plate of noodles and 5 woo kok to be share by 5 person.

The duck noodles cost RM 6.80 which come with a plate of noodles with dark soy sauce and a bowl of steamy hot duck soup. The duck soup is cook using various herb and it taste like normal Chinese chicken herbal soup. The duck is surprisingly tender and juicy after hours of cooking. The noodles is springy but is just OK for my liking....Sorry, I am not a 'wan tan mee' person...hehe


The woo kok is extremely good....I could say one of the best i ever tasted. The yam was smooth and the char siew blend very well with the pastry....yummy....Thumb up...I will definitely stop over again the next time I pass by Bidor...


***by the way, the auntie selling the duck noodles are quite unfriendly though....

No comments: