Thursday 24 May 2012

Restoran Jun Kee

Again this is super duper outdated posting but bear with us because we are really busy with our schedule and blogging now become our 'freetime' activities.
Anyway, Restaurant Jun Kee located in Taman Midah somewhere behind Public Bank. My friend and I decided to celebrate 'ren ri' also known as 'human day' where chinese believe human was created by god on the 7th day of Chinese New Year.

So we place our order days before our arrival as booking is required to ensure speedy food serving.

We have timeslot of 8.30pm until they close shop and thus we arrive on time but was mistreated with full house. So we spent quite sometime waiting for people to cabut so we can sit down. We know our food have been pre-cooked and I already don't expect the food to be hot.

We were sitted after about 15 minutes of waiting and we start arranging the chair, pouring the hot tea (yes, sound like waiter right) and the 'real' waiter start serving all our food. So my guessing is correct. All food is cold....plus the air cond is blasting like no body business. But what can we expect on the most crowded day in the restaurant. They even miss out our salmon fish low sang. We insist to low sang before start eating and this cause another 15 minutes delay.

Imagin all those cold dishes are now turning into icy cold (ok, a bit too kua chong) but u know what I mean....

So here is our order.


Ying Yong Choi Sam (I hope i get the name right)
Basically it was choi sam been cook in two way, the leaves was chop into small pieces and deep fried while the stem of the choi sam is pan fried. Verdict: Ok la....is cold. Would be better if it was hot..

Claypot chicken
Nothing to shout about as it was very common food in chinese restaurant but I must mention that the taste is strong and it wasn't that salty or sweet. Just nice. Again I am hoping that the claypot can make it hotter but was it turn out cold as well.


Marmite spare rib
I like this dishes although it was quite common in normal chinese restaurant. Credit have to be given to the marmite sauce as it was not too sweet and it does not have the bitter taste (which some restaurant overcook it)....The meat is lean and not that fatty. However the portion was too big that we end up having about quarter of it been wasted.


3 emperor (Sam tai thing wong)
Basically it was 3 vegetable been pan fried together. Brinjal, lady finger and long beans been pan fried with garlic and a toss of chilli. Taste OK but I eaten this dishes better in other places.

Golden Tofu
Tofu been fried to golden and crispy serve with mince pork. I like this a lot because I am a bean curb person....I finish big portion of this....and it was the first dish been cleared by all of us.

Last we have prawn.
I dunno what prawn is this and it I dont really remember the taste. I wont say it was bland butI would say the sauce wasn't that special for me to remember. It taste like prawn been pan fried with soy sauce serve with lot of spring onion. It taste sweet and a bit salty on other side.

The yee sang turn out to be below average.

I would say the restaurant was good. There is a lot of wedding dinner been held here as well. But I guess they cannot cope with the number of patron on that day and the food quality have been compromised. However I will go back and have a try again somewhere next time but I will make sure that there is not much people this round

No comments: