Monday 14 July 2014

De Pastry Chef @Manjalara

It has been awhile since I last posted about food, and it's even longer since I the last I visited DE Pastry Chef cafe...a place that seems to be favored among Kepong residents. This time  of revisiting is actually to fill my empty stomach since I woke up really late , and rush for other matters after that. Since, it's 3rd in the afternoon, I decided to go for their tea time set, a piece of chicken pie that comes with a cup of coffee for RM 7.50.
The chicken pie was soft at the side, with very oily and yet not crunchy skin. After cutting in, the chicken look munched instead of cube cut.  And it's terribly over-cooked,  which was quite a disappointment.  


Then I decided to try their spicy and sour bread bowl, which look good in the menu. However, it turned out to be too starchy for my liking, a dish I only take a few spoonful with the bread.


Lastly,  I decided to order a cake, since I believe that for a Cafe that make its name with its cake wouldn't fail in this area. Indeed the cake are pretty edible. I ordered a chocolate coffee, with lots of cream,  but couldn't smell the supposedly coffee's aroma, and neither has the strong chocolate fragrance.
Well, the above comment on their food is strictly on my own opinion, and I guess it would never be an option of my future visit. However, for the price I've paid, I believe I have the right to complain >_<

No comments: